Thursday, April 21, 2011

If You Couldn't Speak, How Far Out Would You Hang Yourself?

What happened in Chicago? A few weeks ago, there was a conference for Internet marketing group. His name is a gateway to wealth. The road was impressive and full of surprises.

For a start, I wanted to have the voice of experience, depending on itself alone, and go to an event with many other people. All foreigners, but typical for a person to attend the conference. So I packed my clothes, gassed up the jeep and headed for the Windy City! It is 5 hours away. About halfway there I was imagining what to wear to different events. You can see what I was worried. Then there is the realization, my clothes were hanging in my closet at home! No more dressing for my success. In my mind for a second, I imagined people saying, 'look at that poor guy, without a vote, and naked. "Quick analysis of what I was wearing, what is in my possession and it seemed to me as pants to get me over the weekend. Lesson # 1, do not depend on their clothes to get through.

Thank you Garmin, I arrive at the beautiful Renaissance Hotel near O'Hara fields. It was impressive. I parked my Jeep and went to register it is up the escalator on the second floor. One of those larger than life, a spacious area that is meant to impress and it did. I walked to the registration area, took out my note pad, and confirmation information. Ga handed officer and waited to see what's next.

All smiles and ready to help, the officer fills the appropriate information and gave me my "key". When was the last time you got the key to your room? In any case, he said, it will open the door and you insert it into the elevator button for the floor to work. In addition, it can be served breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres. I mean, you guys at Gateway really know how to negotiate a room for $ 99. Up I went to the room 1527, along with their luggage and porter. He opened the door and I was speechless again. This room was fabulous. It was the size of 3 rooms. He had three sitting areas, king size bed, office, bar, wide-screen TVs, three phones, so handy for someone, a large bathroom, bathrobe, another TV, and decorated to suit the environment. This room is impressive! I thought: "An error occurred on a large scale." Now I need advice Porter. I mean, how much should I tip him if you are staying in a room like this? So I give him $ 20 ... and ask for $ 15 in change ... I mean, let's face it, is not it?

This is ridiculous, no clothes, but the great room. Lesson # 2, if you're lucky, go with him.

Coincidentally one of the largest shopping centers in the U.S. is near O'Hara, how handy. Directions from the goalkeeper and I'm on my way to improve my wardrobe. About a mile down the road, I see the Marshalls. Perfect for me, and I'm going. 10 minutes later with a new pants, polo shirts, all for less than $ 50. Back to the imperial bedroom, pull out ironing board and iron to flatten creases in my new digs. You should have seen this sight. This room has it all.

The next morning was time to go and register for the conference. I had e-mailed about my arrival and caring staff and they responded very positively. I was expected to register and met Alicia Bowers. It was invaluable the entire weekend. We hit it off, and she introduced me to everyone who was part of putting on the event. Jeff Wellman, Keith Wellman and Gary Ambrose are among the most successful marketers in the country, and we met and had a conversation. The whole conversation was in the beginning with a note pad and pen. It works amazingly well. People want to know what they say and take time to read your notes, answers and the conversation continues. The interview was focused and not waste words, but they are complete.

It was a good day with lots of conversation, my confidence grows and my learning curve acceleration.

I found out on Friday night there was a private party held by Wellman and Ambrose's affiliates for their products. I wrote a note to Alicia that I wanted to go. She said she would ask Keith and let me know. The call was received and I was on my way to the affiliate party that evening. As it turned out, it was another happy moment in my life. Here's why: in the party, I was engaged in conversation with Alicia and Jeff Wellman. I had my trusty note pad and we were talking about the webinars, which were held over the Internet. I saidthat I wanted to to make a webinar . Jeff was curious how this will be done because I had no voice.

That's when he learned about the software on my computer that will talk to me once the information provided. He wanted to see how it works, so the next day we went up to my room and I showed SpeechPro. He was impressed. What I did was copy and paste one of the articles I wrote about the Gateway to Wealth conference. Jeff liked what he heard. These comments along with the flexibility SpeechPro, now converted into a Webinar that Jeff and I are going to schedule. The theme will be overcoming challenges and excelling because you decided that what you want. We are currently in the process of the form, content, and logistics Webinar to be held soon. Lesson # 3 never know when an opportunity to appear.

is now Sunday and last day of the conference. I have met many people use my note pad primarily identified by the participants, and talk with many of them. Today is one of the featured speakers was Jeff. I knew it was going to mention something about me, because he asked if I would mind if he did. He was on stage, building speed and momentum on the topic, take responsibility and take advantage of the opportunity that is available for all of us, and then about 5 minutes talking about my voice and not be at the conference, and we're going to do a webinar together. It did not surprise me with what he said, and then we said to the crowd!

All eyes were on me for a second and I think it is unreal. Remember that my first concern would be able to communicate and relate with people. Jeff starts to finish his talk about 1 hour, and again referring to me and my situation. The results are after the interview, I'm now recognized. Some want to talk to many of you, "so that this type of look. Another thing I noticed is that when the eye, and I made a walking or standing in conversation with others, people would smile.

This made ​​me feel good, and it also raises expectations as well. If someone wanted to talk, it was easier because of the recognition. I am also aware of the caution to engage in conversation by some. It reminded me again, it is my responsibility to remove barriers to communication and help the person feel comfortable enough to engage in conversation. It is important to note that my situation is different, and people do not know how to react differently.

The conference ended around 7 that evening. I was able to have final talks with all the leaders and staff. This last surprise is a new experience. I gave a statement about the mastermind group meeting which was held on Saturday evening. I had a portable device to communicate with me, write my opinion and gave me confidence to the camera. Lesson # 4 Seize the moment. You can not be afraid to try new things to do, do not put limits on yourself

.

This proved a great weekend. It was full of surprises, challenges and memories that will stay with me for a long time. I am a blessed man.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
eXTReMe Tracker